- [More Efficient] These Monocrystalline solar panels come with high-efficiency cells that help increase module efficiency. Module efficiency: Eclipse 100W Monocrystalline:22%, regular 100W Monocrystalline: 21% , 100W Polycrystalline: 18.7%. Bypass diodes minimize power drop caused by shade and ensure excellent performance in low-light environments.
- [Improved Look] No grid lines on the front of solar cells allow for a more clean look. The new black frame compliments high-efficiency solar cells.
- [Reliable] Advanced encapsulation material with multi-layered sheet laminations to enhance cell performance and provide a long service life. EL tested solar modules; no hot-spot heating guaranteed. TPT back sheet ensures smooth performance over a long period of time.
- [Durable] Guaranteed positive output tolerance (0-3%); withstands high winds (2400Pa) and snow loads (5400Pa). Corrosion-resistant aluminum frame for extended outdoor use, allowing the panels to last for decades. Anti-reflective, high transparency, low iron tempered glass with enhanced stiffness and impact resistance. IP65 rated junction box provides complete protection against environmental particles and low-pressure water jets.
- [Versatile] Can be used for many different applications. Ground mount compatible. Compatible with on-grid and off-grid inverters. Pre-drilled holes on the back of the panel allow for fast mounting and securing. Pre-drilled holes included for grounding. Compatible with different Renogy mounting systems such as Z-Brackets, Pole Mounts and Tilt Mounts.
, Renogy Solar Panel 100 Watt 12 Volt Eclipse Monocrystalline High-Efficiency Module PV Power for Battery Charging, Boat, Caravan, RV and Other…, 172.38, USD,
40.8 x 20.7 x 1.38 inches
|Country of Origin|
|Item model number|
Solar Panel 100 Watt 12 Volt
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer|
Thing thing is slightly larger than a typical 50W polycrystalline panel on an RV but produces close to 100W in optimal conditions.
This is mounted on my truck camper with adjustable angle brackets, connected to an MPPT controller, and has allowed us to live off grid for the past two months. The panel survived baseball sized hail that damaged many other things including a windshield and vent covers.
Overall, I’m impressed with the low light and regular performance this panel provides.
UPDATE: I traveled 10,000 miles with this panel on my truck camper and never ran a generator once including boondocking on cloudy days by facing the panel south at an optimal tilt for your latitude.
The key is LED lighting, MPPT controllers, and judicious use of electronics. I camped for free every night (seek resources about using public land in the USA), and paid off my solar investment in three weeks compared to nominal RV park fees. As a side benefit, my panel trickle charges my battery every day for free and allows a temperature-controlled fan to manage air flow.
Shipping came on time. each panel came in its own box. 1 box was not taped up like the other one. Upon inspection, it was obvious to me that the panels were not new. The frames had scratches which I would have been ok with even though these were labeled as “new”. What did it for me was the hair line cracks on some of the cells. Inspect these carefully. These were not smudges or even on the outer layer/surface, but internally. I’ve contacted Renogy to see how they would want to handle this. I would like to exchange them for a new pair. I’ll update with their response later.
dave coffee –
The media could not be loaded.
I make the effort to buy a premium product and am really dissapointed. I live in Arizona,I made a solar suitcase with my 2 Renogy Eclipse 100 watt panels from amazon and 1 from ebay well by the time I tested them in full sun. The panel from ebay produced 78 watts but both the panels from amazon produced 48 and 50 watts respectively. I’ve already applied hinges and mods so I can’t return anything, but I can warn people about a lack of quality control or something going on at Renogy. I did notice a blueish hue in the glass of the two defective panels and the better one was a darker black color. The one from ebay was sent by Renogy , the better one, if that matters ,maybe its the sourcing amazon does, so I’m off to try another brand, highly recommended..that’s why I don’t write reviews .hope this gets past the “censors”…power to the Shopper!