- [Reliable Power Output] Renogy’s 100W monocrystalline solar panel can provide an average of 400-500 Watt-hours (Wh) or 33-41Amp-hours (Ah) of electricity per day (depending on sun availability).
- [Efficient Performance] Bypass diodes protect the solar cells from overheating and allow the solar panel to continue working during accidental shading by bypassing the underperforming cells.
- [Industry-Leading Technology] This Renogy 100W 12V Monocrystalline Panel is made from high purity silicon cells coated with advanced encapsulation material with multi-layered sheet laminations to enhance cell performance and provide long-lasting durability.
- [Built to Last] Corrosion-resistant aluminum frame provides extended outdoor use that ensures the panel can last for decades. The IP65 rated junction box is versatile due to its ability to withstand dirt, dust, debris, and low-pressure water jets.
- [Fast and Easy Installation] Pre-drilled holes on the back of the panel allow for fast mounting and securing, ideal for off-grid applications including RVs, rooftops, cabins, yachts, and more. They are directly compatible with Renogy ground mounts, Z Brackets, Corner Brackets, Pole Mounts, and Tilt Mounts.
, Renogy 12 Volt Solar Panel 100 Watt High-Efficiency Monocrystalline Module PV Charger for RV Battery Boat Caravan and Other Off-Grid Applications,…, 96.51, USD,
42.4 x 20 x 1.38 inches
|Country of Origin|
|Item model number|
Solar Panel 100 Watt 12 Volt
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer|
This looks like a well built panel, but I don’t know what it really is, as the electrical specs in the listing are totally different than the label on the panel I received.
under full noon sun I measured 20.4 Voc, 4.7 Isc and 77W
My rating is because of the inaccurate data. How can I design a system with bad data?
I contacted Renogy. The CS was good, but they didn’t seem to know about the mislabel issue.
8 weeks after this 1st mislabeled panel I purchased a 2nd one from Amazon.
This is also labeled exactly as the 1st panel, different than the (not changed) Amazon listing spec.
However the measurements of this panel have performance that indicate the panel label is wrong.
under full noon sun I measured 21.8 Voc, 5.0 Isc and 89W
No, I don’t have laboratory test setup, but for reference, I tested side by side with my 4 year old model Renogy RNG-100D (4×9 cell)
I measured 22.8 Voc, 5.6 Isc and 95W. Which, accounting for four years of degradation, is nearly the spec.
Panels were at ~73F at those data points.
James Tang Photography –
I bought two 100w panels to go with my 40a mppt Rover charger and a 50ah lithium ion phosphate, all from Renogy, for my homemade camper. The panels are sturdy, well designed, and affordable. They come ready to go with MC4 connectors. I bought each for under $100. Even when the weather isn’t idea (cloudy rainy days), I’m still getting more than enough power to charge my 50ah battery. The mppt charge controller is very efficient and able to utilize the panels efficiently. I extended the cables to about 15ft using 8 awg wires . I connected both panels in series and added a 20a circuit breaker before going into the charge controller. I made a custom aluminum roof mount so that I don’t have to drill additional holes on my roof. So far everything is working great.
Amazon Customer –
After two months, this panel no longer would supply a charge for my RV batteries. After chatting with an Amazon Tech Concierge, I learned that I was not able to return the defective unit to Amazon but I could contact Renogy directly. I did so, and they provided me an avenue to ship the unit back to their warehouse for testing – I was told that any refund or replacement is subject to a 10% restock fee. In order for me to send the defective unit back to the manufacturer and to continue to charge my RV batteries, I had to purchase another panel from Amazon. After receiving a new panel, I shipped the defective unit to the warehouse for testing – I was told I would receive feedback from Renogy within 48 hours after the unit was received.
This did not happen. Two weeks after the defective unit was received, I reached out to Renogy via email and received no response. Three weeks later, I called Renogy and after one hour on the phone I was no further along. Most of the the hour was my time spent on hold waiting for an agent and for the agent to continue to “contact the warehouse.’
Unfortunately I must give this product one star, as the company does not honor its warranty by replacing defective units within warranty or by refunding money for defective units.